This year 2,868 students from around northern Virginia applied for admission to TJHSST and 483 were accepted. About 71% came from Fairfax county, the other 29% came from Arlington, Loudoun, and Prince William counties and the city of Falls Church. 92% of students came from public schools. 60% were male and 40% female. 69% were Asian, 20% white, 1.7% white, 2.3% Hispanic and 6% were of mixed race. More on TJHSST stats here.