Richard L. (Rich) Anderson
Chair Candidate, Republican Party of Virginia
After a busy week of Zoom meetings, email exchanges, and phone calls with Republicans from one end of Virginia to the other, it’s clear that our Republican brothers and sisters are ready for two things:
- A change of leadership at RPV Headquarters in Richmond, and
- An RPV Chairman who is committed to the principle that we must FIGHT and WIN!
That’s why I’m proud that Congressman Ben Cline (R-VA-06)—like Congressman Rob Wittman (R-VA-01)—has endorsed me in this fight to rejuvenate and reenergize our dysfunctional RPV organization in Richmond. August 15th is coming and with it the election of a new RPV Chair—the defining moment when the turnaround of our state party begins and we renew our vow that Virginia Republicans will once again FIGHT AND WIN.
Congressman Ben Cline has served Virginia’s 6th Congressional District and our country with great distinction since his election in 2018. Before that, Ben and I served together for eight years in the Virginia House of Delegates. As Constitutional conservatives, Ben and I:
- Never voted for a tax increase
- Voted four times against Medicaid expansion
- Received top grades from the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL)
- Worked in close partnership with faith leaders and the Family Foundation of Virginia
- Supported and received top grades from law enforcement, firefighter, and veteran groups
- In short, were devoted to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
I’m proud to say that Ben has given me his unequivocal endorsement and his unconditional support in my campaign to serve as RPV Chair. And while I value the support of faithful public servants like Congressman Cline, I am most heartened by the support I’ve received from grassroots Republicans across Virginia. That’s why I am totally committed to transforming RPV into a unifying force with a focus on serving and supporting our 126 local Republican units as never before.
Thank you to Congressman Cline for his endorsement and trust, and thanks to all of you who believe in the promise—and the premise—that RPV can again be the defining force that propels Republicans to victory across our Commonwealth.
I must first be reachable if I am to be responsive. Please don’t hesitate to connect with me between now and the RPV State Convention on August 15th—and beyond—in these ways:
- Email us at Rich@RichAnderson.com
- Call my home at 703-730-1380 or my cell at 703-282-9653
- Friend us on Facebook at www.RichAnderson.com/DelegateRichAnderson
- Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/DelRichAnderson
- Sign up at www.RichAnderson.com to vote for us at the RPV State Convention.
It’s Time to Fight and Win Again!
Rich Anderson is a native Virginian, grassroots Republican volunteer for the last 12 years, retired 30-year Air Force colonel (1979-2009), former member of the Virginia House of Delegates (2010-2018), and candidate for RPV Chair (2020). He and his wife Ruth, a retired 21-year Air Force lieutenant colonel and former member of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, live in Woodbridge. They have been married for 34 years, are the parents of three children, and have seven grandchildren.