Only in Virginia.com has compiled an excellent list of 24 things that should be on the bucket list of everyone in Virginia. I have added my thoughts and links.
1. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway, there is no place more beautiful, especially in the summer and fall.
2. Go Apple Picking in Winchester. Bring the whole family.
3. Go on a ghost tour. Such tours can be found in many towns in Virginia, a list is here.
4. Climb Mt Rogers, the highest peak in Virginia, for spectacular views.
5. Visit the Jamboree on Friday night at the Floyd Country store in Floyd, a stop on the Crooked Road Music trail which you should put on your bucket list if you don’t have a problem with motion sickness. It’s a very crooked road.
6. Listen to live music at one of Virginia’s many breweries and/or wineries.
7. Visit Luray Caverns and make a wish in the wishing well.
8. Go to Chincoteague to see the wild ponies, or even better visit at the end of July to watch the wild ponies swim.
9./10. Hike to one of the many Waterfalls in Virginia and have a picnic.
11. Enjoy Virginia hard shell crabs, or crab cakes, or soft shell crabs. Virginia is for lovers but it’s also for crabs.
12. Enjoy a hot air ride over some of the most beautiful scenery in the world in numerous places around the Commonwealth.
13. Raft or Kayak the James River.
15. Walk along the historic Alexandria waterfront, enjoy the views, and the bars and restaurants.
16. Go see the stars at Staunton River State Park, an international dark sky park.
17. Enjoy an evening of wine and cheese on the lawn of Mt. Vernon.
18. Visit the Grand Canyon of the south at Breaks Interstate Park.
19. Attend the Highland County Maple Festival.
20. Take tours of Jamestown and Williamsburg and watch a live demonstration.
22. Camp or stay at a cabin or lodge in Shenandoah Park.
23. See a movie at the historic Byrd Theatre in Richmond.
24. Visit Virginia’s Natural Bridge.
How many of these activities have you enjoyed from this list? What would you add to the list?