GOP Virginia Senate D-12 Debate Announcement: The John Fredericks Show – News-Talk WNTW AM 820 to Host Debate.[read_more]
Richmond, Virginia— The John Fredericks Radio Show and Richmond radio station News-Talk WNTW AM 820 will host a debate for the four candidates vying for the Republican nomination for Virginia Senate District 12 to better inform the district’s primary voters of each candidate’s platform and policy positions.
CONFIRMED GOP CANDIDATES
- SIOBHAN DUNNAVANT, M.D.
- VINCE HALEY
- BILL JANIS
- EDDIE WHITLOCK
- Tuesday, May 5
- 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Open to the public
- Open to the media
- Broadcast Live on WNTW AM 820
- Streaming live at http://JohnFredericksRadio.com
Reynolds Community College
Workforce Development and Conference Center
1651 East Parham Road
Richmond, VA 23228
Doors open at 5:00 PM. Admission is free and seating is open to the public on a first come basis.
- John Fredericks, Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host –Virginia
- WNTW AM 820 –Richmond, Virginia
- Each candidate will have a 2:00 opening statement
- We will draw order of opening statements by lot
- Each candidate will have a 2:00 closing statement
- Closing statements will be in reverse order of opening statements (one goes four, two goes three, etc.)
- All questions are posed by the candidates, not the moderator
- We will draw order of questions by lot
- Each candidate can ask one question to each of the other three candidates in each round
- 12 questions will be asked in total
- The candidate who is asked the question has :90 to respond
- Each of the other two candidates, plus the candidate who asked the question, has :60 to respond or comment
- The candidate who is asked the question has the final word and has an additional :30.
Note: This is a unique and successfully proven format used by host John Fredericks and the John Fredericks Radio Show. This format has been used in various debates and town hall forums from city council to gubernatorial races.