Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll was released yesterday showing Hillary’s popularity fading in the swing states of Iowa and Colorado but holding on in Virginia. Might that be a result of McAuliffe’s effort for her in Virginia?[read_more]
In Colorado Hillary was bested by Rand Paul, 44% to 41%. In Iowa Paul beat her by one point, 43% to 42%. In Virginia Clinton beats Paul by 47% to 43%.
From the Quinnipiac poll:
Secretary Clinton has lost ground in almost every matchup in Colorado and Iowa since a February 18 Swing State Poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. The Swing State Poll focuses on key states in the presidential election. One bright spot for Clinton is Virginia, the largest of the three states, where she leads all Republicans, including 47 – 40 percent over Bush, compared to a 42 – 42 percent tie in February. Voters in each state say Clinton is not honest and trustworthy. Her overall favorability has dropped significantly in Colorado and Iowa, while Virginia is unchanged. Favorability ratings for the Republicans are lackluster, at best.
In Virginia voters say Hillary is not trustworthy and honest by a margin of 52% to 40%. Poll results in Virginia,
Clinton leads Bush 47 – 40 percent in Virginia, compared to a 42 – 42 percent tie February 18, She gets 47 percent to Paul’s 43 percent, her closest race in the Old Dominion. In other races:
- Clinton tops Christie 46 – 40 percent;
- Clinton over Huckabee 48 – 40 percent;
- Clinton tops Walker 47 – 40 percent;
- She beats Rubio 48 – 40 percent;
- Clinton tops Cruz 49 – 39 percent.
The Democrat gets a split 48 – 45 percent favorability rating, compared to 48 – 44 percent in February. Favorability ratings for Republicans are:
- Negative 32 – 38 percent for Bush;
- Negative 31 – 41 percent for Christie;
- 34 – 31 percent for Paul;
- 34 – 36 percent for Huckabee;
- 26 – 20 percent for Walker with 53 percent who don’t know enough about him to form an opinion.
- 29 – 25 percent for Rubio;
- Negative 30 – 38 percent for Cruz.
More poll results for Iowa and Colorado here.