Each year during a nomination process or an election cycle, some people on one side of the GOP or another get upset that their candidate of choice did not win the nomination. And they get butt hurt and state that under no circumstances will they support the GOP nominee. Usually because the nominee is either a member of the Establishment or because the nominee is too conservative. Or that the tactics the nominee used were so over the top that there is no way they can vote for the nominee and thus a message needs to be sent.
Sorry but none of these excuses can be used this time around. Because this election is the most important election of our lives. Yes we all say this, but this time it’s true. And let me explain why.
The Democrats are fired up, but not only are they fired up, they have all but promised that they will impeach Trump, our best president since G Washington, if they get control of Congress. They are running on a party message of higher taxes, abortion, taking away our 2nd amendment rights, and open borders. Imagine what will occur if we have a Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Here is the likely result:
- Donald Trump will be impeached
- The liberals will continue to push a phony Russian collusion narrative down our throats to confuse voters so that they can win in 2020 – and thus overturn all the good that Donald Trump and the GOP have done.
- The Democrats will try to undo the GOP Tax Reform Bill of 2018, which has easily been the greatest piece of legislation passed in the past 90 years. Sorry liberals but the GOP Tax Reform Bill of 2018 is 2x more valuable to our economy than the Social Security legislation and much more effective than the Great Society Plan of the LBJ era.
- While the GOP has not been stellar about closing our border, the Democrats would be advocating open borders and the elimination of ICE. The Bernie Sanders wing of the Democratic party wants uncontrolled borders – something no other country in the world would ever advocate. We would be finished as a nation.
- Probably most importantly, the Democrats have gone off the deep end when it comes to hate and vitriol. Everything from the Kavanaugh hearings to banning Republicans from their places of business to not allowing for Republicans like Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz to go out with their families without being harassed. To allow for the Democrats to return to power in any way shape or form would be to endorse their violent behavior.
What can you do to help? Call your friends. Contact your local GOP Unit Committee and ask what can be done. Every Committee needs door knockers. If you’re homebound, the Unit will send you call lists, make some calls.
Remember that the perfect is the enemy of the good. I don’t care if your candidate of choice did not win the nomination process. And I don’t care what negative tactics the winning GOP candidate used. Politics is not for the faint of heart. Get over your hurt feelings. I supported Shak Hill in CD 10. But I’d much rather have Barbara Comstock than Jennifer Wexton, who never met a toll or a tax she didn’t like. The only government program that Ms. Wexton can’t stand is the one we need the most – ICE. For those of you who are still butthurt over Dave Brat beating out Eric Cantor a few years back, to think that if we elect Abigail Spanberger for 2 years and then we can boot her out of office, that’s foolish. And I’ve seen those words stated by GOP Establishment members. It is a difficult thing to remove any incumbent – meaning that if we allow Ms. Spanberger to get into office it may be years before we can remove her again. For those of you who preferred Cynthia Dunbar in both CD 5 and 6, sorry but she didn’t get the nomination. Denver Riggleman and Ben Cline became our nominees – and I’m proud to be supporting and volunteering for each one. For those of you who can’t stand Corey Stewart – do you really want Antifa Tim Kaine as your Senator for the next 6 years? Corey Stewart will be an outstanding Senator. Corey will help pass the Trump agenda. Antifa Kaine wants the violence that we are seeing in the streets towards conservatives and the GOP. He has said so himself. I’m proud to be out there knocking on doors for Ben Cline and making phone calls for Denver Riggleman and Dave Brat.
Our Constitution is at stake here. Our way of life – and we can’t let our hurt feelings or passion for a single subject or issue get in the way of the real battle. Yes like many Tea Party activists, I’m sick of RINO’s. But now is not the time for this fight. And for those of you who are sick of us Tea Party people, who would you rather have as your representative for the next 10 years? Dave Brat or Open Border Abigail Spanberger? In my capacity as Vice Chair of the 6th District, I’ve driven up and down from Warren County to the southern end of the District to help elect Republicans at all stops. I’ve hit doors in Staunton and Lexington. In my capacity as Vice Chair of the Shenandoah County GOP, I’ve hit on over 800 doors to get Ben Cline and Corey Stewart elected. I’ve also sweated with Ben Cline on his walk through the 6th District – doing about 4 miles on 95 degree days. If me, a middle aged guy who weighs 2 bowling balls too many can do these things – so can you. Take Dean Peterson. He was a major supporter of Scott Sayre and Cynthia Dunbar. But Ben Cline became the nominee. Dean Peterson showed what a trooper he is by getting out there and knocking on more doors than I have. And since Dean has a bad hip and uses a cane at times – well if he can do it – you can do it.
The choice is clear. Vote Republican. But it’s not just enough to vote. The future of our Republic depends on you being active. Find 5 friends, get them out to vote Republican. Tell them to do the same. And by doing this – we may just keep our House majority and who knows – maybe even elect Corey Stewart?