Below is a letter sent by Mike Ginsberg and other pro convention members of the State Central Committee to RPV Chairman Rich Anderson with suggestions for the coming convention to choose our statewide candidates.
March 2, 2021
Richard L. Anderson
Republican Party of Virginia
115 E Grace St
Richmond VA 23219-1741
Dear Chairman Anderson:
We, the undersigned, request that you place the following item on the agenda for consideration at the next meeting of the State Central Committee:
In Article XII, insert at the end the following new paragraph:
4. A State Convention to nominate candidates for statewide offices held under Article VIII shall be subject to the following additional provisions, which temporarily take precedence over contrary provisions in other Articles of the State Party Plan:
● It shall not be in order to consider amendments to the Party Plan.
● Neither a delegation’s number of delegates nor the fraction of a delegate vote assigned to a delegate may be limited.
● The Official Committee may set a uniform filing form for delegates applicable to all Units.
● Certified delegates shall cast their ballots for nominees at remote polling locations within or adjacent to the area represented by the Official Committee.
Congressional Districts shall have the following number of remote polling locations:
o 1st District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 3 locations
o 2nd District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 2 locations
o 3rd District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 2 locations
o 4th District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 3 locations
o 5th District: no fewer than 4 and no more than 6 locations
o 6th District: no fewer than 3 and no more than 5 locations
o 7th District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 3 locations
o 8th District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 1 location
o 9th District: no fewer than 4 and no more than 6 locations
o 10th District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 2 locations
o 11st District: no fewer than 1 and no more than 1 location
Each District Committee shall determine the sites of the remote polling locations in its Congressional District and the RPV Executive Committee shall approve them. Shared locations between congressional districts will count towards the total number of remote locations allowable in each congressional district. Voters in units located in more than one Congressional District shall vote at a polling location of the District in which the majority of the unit resides.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of Article XII, Article XII(4) shall expire on June 30, 2021.
Steven “Doc” Troxel
Cc: State Central Committee