Today Rasmussen polling released a Virginia poll showing the candidates for Governor tied at 43%. Two percent prefer Hyra, and 6% are undecided.
- 32% of those poll listed jobs and the economy their biggest concern. (Favors Gillespie who has a jobs program.)
- 22% said taxes and spending were their chief concerns (Gillespie has a tax cut plan, Northum doesn’t.)
- 12% listed culture and Confederate statues as their biggest concern (Really?)
- 11% said illegal immigrants are their biggest concern. (Favors Gillespie, he does not support sanctuary cities.)
- 9% thought law and order was the most important thing. (Favors Gillespie, his program here.)
All of Gillespie’s plans and proposals here. Still not sure what Northum stands for.
Northum polls better with Millenials and minorities, while Gillespie polls better with whites and older voters. (Who is more likely to make it to the polls, a 23 year old or a 53 year old?) Favors Gillespie.
Gillespie is slightly ahead in favorably ratings with 52% viewing Gillespie favorably and 27% have a very favorable view. For Northum those numbers were 50% and 26%. Again, favors Gillespie.
Overall it would appear Northum’s ads have done him little good and Gillespie’s on the path to victory.