Within one week’s time, Representative Barbara Comstock issued two press releases that sounded like they were written by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.
On May 9, the Comstock press release said, in response to the firing of FBI Director James Comey: “I can’t defend or explain tonight’s actions or timing of the firing of FBI Director James Comey. The FBI investigation into the Russian impact on the 2016 election must continue. There must be an independent investigation that the American people can trust.”
Then on May 16, in reaction to the alleged sharing of sensitive intelligence with Russian officials, Comstock’s press release had this to say: “Once again we are faced with inexplicable stories coming from the White House that are highly troubling. We need to have immediate classified briefings.”
Barbara Comstock (who used to be a pretty effective State Delegate) seems to have lost her way, wandering in the political wilderness, apparently because she’s afraid of Democrats in her District.
It’s no secret that Democrats have been gaining ground in northern Virginia. But rather than fight to stem the tide, Barbara Comstock seems to be joining ranks with them. Ever since she deserted the GOP standard-bearer, Donald Trump, on the campaign battlefield, she has been backing herself into a defensive posture toward him. Comstock now has fallen into the Progressive Left’s trap, tilting at Russian windmills and shamelessly scolding the President with unfounded attacks.
Representative Comstock, it’s time for choosing. Are you going to continue bashing your President in a desperate attempt to win crumbs from the Democrats’ table (which will not happen)? Or will you dispense with the political nonsense, turn your sights on the actual Russian hacking of the Democrat National Committee apparatus, the compromised Clinton computer server, the FBI cover-up — just for starters — and then get on with the business of restoring our Republic?
Article also appeared in the Fairfax County Times.
Primary this worthless #NeverTrump OUT! Comstock’s repeated betrayals of her Party:
1) Last summer her despicable Trump-apology tour to Muslim Brotherhood front ADAMS Center, along with RPV Chairman, where she assured the Muslims that Trump did not speak for Virginian Republicans. Comstock wanted Hillary to get elected.
2) Last autumn, right before the election, she insanely asked our GOP candidate Trump to step aside. Comstock wanted Hillary to get elected.
3) She votes with the Democrats more often than not. & finally
4) She is colluding with the Democrats to de-legitimitize Trump’s presidency.
I was on Comstock phone town hall in Feb. , She had no idea what was going on about health care.
But yet she had several years and a staff to get her up to speed.
She has to go.
Comstock seems to have adopted the “Dem-lite” Ton Davis approach to NoVa politics. Note that Ken Cuccinell managed to win and keep a Senate seat as a hard core conservative in Fairfax.
We don’t need congressmen that back stab our president, vote her out.
This Trump supporter will not vote for Comstock this go around….she is weak and attacking the good work that Trump is doing…pretty stupid IMHO
Yeah, like it is BIG surprise that Comstock is in the Democrat’s corner. She definitely needs to run on the Democratic ticket where she belongs. I donated and supported her first campaign even though i am not in her district. After her election I contacted her on an issue before Congress, AMAZING she did not know me or wished to respond as i was not in her district. I learned my lesson supporting her. i WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. SHE DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE SENT HOME – But she would probably like that and live off of her “government for life pension” That Congress Votes for Themselves. WHAT A SCAM THEY ARE RUNNING !!
Ok, step by step;
1) Trump promised a healthcare plan that will be affordable, fantastic, wonderful, and much, much, more. Then his bill turns out to be far worse than Obamacare for the non-ruling class. Nearly a billion dollars in tax cuts for the rich, and nearly a billion dollars in Medicare cuts for the middle-class and poor. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THE PROMISED COMPETITION IN THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY THAT WOULD MAKE HEALTHCARE AFFORDABLE.
2) Trump promises to bring jobs back. Trump boasts just this week about look at what Ford is doing. At the same time, Ford and the other Detroit automakers are announcing job layoffs????????
3) Trump meets the Comie Chinese President at MaroLargo for $500 steaks, and while eating a $1000 choclolate cake, tells the Comie President that the USA just pissed away $60 million in taxpayer funded bombs on an abandoned field in Syria to show the world there is a “new guy” in town. This was supposed to make Putin and Kim Jung Un, pee their pants. N Korea instead of peeing, launches more test rockets than ever. Great job with that BS of yours Mr. President. You ain’t going to do S–t to N. Korea as long as there is a S. Korea.
Just a few points here, I could go on and on. But really, do you think Comstock is stupid enough to endorse the Trump “BS for America plan”? Have you ever actually worked one day in your entire life?
Where did this hate of Barbara start
On the John Fredericks Rino show?
What a garbage, irresponsible article.
Attitudes like the one expressed here help to ensure that Virginia remains a blue state. Rep. Comstock has done a fine job representing the people of VA-10, and is a proven winner in an otherwise tough district for Republicans.
If you want 100% ideological purity, move to a perennial red state. You aren’t helping us here in the Commonwealth.
I have an idea! How about Republican MOC investigate Democrats instead of our Republican President! This will never happen because of the Never Trumpers embedded in Congress and in local GOP committees in NoVA being run by Never Trumpers on all levels.
We witness this up close and personal while working on the Trump campaign in NoVa.
Frankly, I’m thinking if we can’t find a solid candidate to oppose Barbara in the primary, we will lose this seat. I know I have no plans to contribute or support her again.
This is my concern. Comstock can’t win because she’s not fighting in anyone’s corner and is in political no mans land. With only a normal amount of effort, Wexton will best Comstock.
This is a problem that can only be fixed with a strong primary challenger.