In an email today, Sen. Martin announced his conservative agenda for the coming session of the state legislature. While facing a stiff primary challenge, this is an important part of the discussion about where the state should be moving. You can read the full statement online. [read_more]
THE MARTIN MEASURES
Conservative Solutions for a Stronger Virginia
- A Constitutional Amendment ensuring transportation funds can only be spent on transportation projects.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by limiting Virginia’s spending to the rate of population growth + inflation.
- Enact a phase out and elimination of the Corporate Income tax – to attract new jobs, and grow Virginia’s economy.
- Give school districts the option of removing teachers from unified pay plans – allowing respective districts to better attract and retain good teachers.
- Continue to strengthen our public school system while expanding parental choice in education; ensuring every child in Virginia gets a quality education.
- Keep our state agencies accountable by requiring an automatic and secure archiving of all email communication.
What are your thoughts on these proposals? What would you like to see the general assembly focus on next session?