If you like snow and buckets of it, you’ll be a happy camper this winter. According to Fox5DC we can expect “more snow this winter and waves of brutal cold thanks to periodic polar vortex visits”.
Drag out your winter coats and boots, it looks like most of Loudoun county will enjoy 2 to 3 feet of snow this winter!
Winter prediction highlights from Fox5dc.com:
– For the second winter in a row, we are calling for slightly above-normal snowfall in the Washington, DC region.
– Forecast calling for one to three winter storm warning criteria events (5-inches plus) in Washington, DC plus several smaller events. We are calling for 15 to 25 inches of snow total for the city this year.
– We are not anticipating any blizzard level events for the DC metro this year.
– The cold should come in “waves” rather than be sustained. Overall we expect that similar to last winter, temperatures should balance out to be close to normal (+/- 2 degrees) averaged across the December to February period.
– Comparative to average, December is expected to be the warmest month, while January the coldest. Late January through early March is expected to be the snowiest period, which is typical.
Snowfall last year 2018-2019:
Do you know where your snow shovel is?