The following story is true. The names have been omitted to protect the innocent and not interfere with a possible ongoing investigation.
Several months prior to the 2016 Presidential Election a conscientious Commonwealth Attorney received a packet in the mail from the county’s General Registrar.
The Registrar also being a conscientious public servant, responsible for registering new voters, maintaining the state’s online Voter information system (VERIS), planning and execution of preparations for the coming elections, and processing the 32 Absentee Ballot Requests by Mail that were sent in from the local Nursing Home.
The Registrar noticed that all of the 32 Absentee Ballot Requests form were filled in by the same person, presumably an employee at the Nursing Home. There were also questions about some of the signatures on the form. This prompted the Registrar into making copies and mailing them to the county’s Commonwealth’s Attorney.
Receipt of the forms from the Registrar prompted a call to the Captain of the State Police Barracks to request an investigator to begin looking into what was going on at the Nursing Home. The story gets better.
The Detective shows up at the Nursing Home and proceeds with questioning of patients. He approached two elderly female patients in a semi-private room, identifies himself as a member of the State Police and asks the lady in the first bed if she remembered filling out and signing the Absentee Ballot by Mail Request. She responded that she had not voted in years. Her roommate tried to remind her that patients were assembled in the eating area to sign the form provided to them by the Nursing Home.
At about the same time, a nurse’s aide showed up and not knowing who the gentleman in the nice suit was, informed the officer that the elderly lady in the first bed was demented and would not remember anything that happened the day before.
Of course during this time the Ballots requested were being prepared and sent to the Nursing Home by the Registrar’s office.
Eventually, the person that had filled out all 32 of the ballot requests was identified and was scheduled to be interviewed along with the Nursing Home Administrator.
At this point, I have to stop my narrative since the investigation is ongoing and what happens next is up to the Commonwealth Virginia.
I can report, since it is now five months after the election, that none of the official ballots sent to the Nursing Home were received by the Registrar prior to November 8th.
So what can we learn from this little story that occurred in a small county in rural Virginia:
- I have received reports of organizational meetings being held around the state, paid for SEIU and the NAACP to encourage their members to gain employment in Nursing Homes and other patient oriented facilities thru the November Elections. I know in one year the meeting was held at Zion Crossroads, VA.
- The Nursing Home in question is part of a holding corporation located in North Carolina with 20-25 facilities scattered between North Carolina and Virginia.
- In Virginia there are over 3,000 licensed facilities with a capacity of over 66,000 beds.
- A big talking point of the left is any election integrity effort is nothing more than Republicans trying to suppress the vote. It is interesting to note that once the Nursing Home realized that they were under investigation, they did not hesitate to suppress the vote from their facility. Not a single vote was cast in the 2016 election even when all residents “requested” their ballots.
- Was this a one off occurrence or was it a corporate wide undertaking? Was it done across state lines, and if it was, isn’t that a RICO Federal crime?
In conclusion, I would like to highlight several teachable moments for anyone interested in Election Integrity.
- If Republicans continue to ignore the rampant voter fraud present in this state as well as the rest of the country, they will continue to have their vote diluted by fraudulent votes.
- Legislation needs to be considered by the General Assembly to make facility administrators responsible and accountable for any voter fraud that occurs on their premises.
- In facilities, were corporate ownership is involved and as a matter of policy forces administrators to commit voter fraud, such activities should result in conspiracy charges and if crossing state lines then RICO charges should apply.
- Part of any accountability law should address the need for involvement by the local electoral board as well as inviting each political party to participate in facility voting activities as a Poll Watcher.
- Obviously, the Virginia Code that excludes only mentally incompetent persons from voting that have been determined in that condition by a judge is not working. We should not expect loving families to drag their family member thru an expensive, formal judicial process to determine their competence and instead entrust their incapacitated loved one into a state licensed facility. The last thing they expect is leftist activists harvesting votes (their term not mine) of people of diminished capacity entrusted to their care. This is one of the sickest activities, of many, in which the left routinely participates under the guise of providing marginalized citizens their vote.
- The state of Virginia must address the absurd ruling by the State Board of Elections and the Department of Elections that simply typing a person’s name at the bottom of the Absentee Ballot Request form constitutes an electronic signature.
We need to wake up to the fact that we are in a fight for control of our government by the left by any means necessary. Being nice and accommodating is the natural response by most conservatives. The left is playing hard ball, and we are playing with bean bags.
Wait. Democrats say there is NO voter fraud ANYWHERE even though people have been jailed for it. Do you mean to say Democrats are liars?
Ok, let’s fight this voter fraud, maximum voting age of 60.
PLEASE! OH PLEASE make that a Republican bumper sticker! PLEASE!
We suggest another law that the Republican-dominated House of Delegates might consider – along with your bill to prohibit voting after age 60! : how about making adultery – which is already a CRIME in Virginia – a felony, and then aggressively prosecuting adultery, which would seriously reduce the voting population, unless Governor Gillespie does a mass pardon. Or perhaps Governor Stewart would only pardon adulterous felons from favored groups, such as adulterous felons who make donations (large ones!) to the Republican Party, State Police adulterous felons, adulterous felons with concealed carry permits, etc?
If interested, here is a link to a series of articles by Chris Wright about nursing home voter fraud. I highly recommend it
Reagan and Jeanine – thanks for posting this, never thought about how the libs can infiltrate a nursing home. Showing they’ll stop at nothing and there’s never going too low for them. Despicable.
Sounds like a great opportunity to increase jobs for Republicans.
As an Election Officer for many years, I can attest to how the Democrats bus in nursing home residents to the polls and “help” them vote.
The Albemarle County Democrat Party Chairman, Richard Brewster, is head of big chain of retirement facilities here.
This is a serious, ongoing problem.
OBVIOUSLY, the voter can mark anything she or he may like. In the precinct where I am an official (for many years) there are many voters who fill out the proper form to have assistance. In your county why don’t you request an audit of all the ‘helper’ forms to see if there is any biased used of the forms. For example, as you claim, you should be able to discern from the ‘helper’ forms IF a local political party official(s) is ‘helping’ more than one voter during the election day, or if a local political party official is requesting numerous absentee ballots on behalf of a nursing home, etc If you cannot produce evidence you appear to be ridiculous. Perhaps you also believe that aliens are voting in mass numbers after hypnotizing Officials to see them as the voter rather than with those monstrously large black eyes? Perhaps you also believe that you have magical powers of special knowledge like Tinker Bell? All of ya’ll hocus pocus’ ‘mumbo jumbo’ ‘tweeting twatting’ Republicans need to gather your evidence and present it, IF you are serious.
I find the author’s story to be entirely credible. I have worked as a poll watcher and have seen the busloads of people arrive from the nursing homes. Some are lucid and can present ID’s and respond to questions. However, there are many who are clearly confused, who don’t know where they are, or why they are there. Those people are accompanied to the voting stations with their “helpers” to “assist” them with their vote. There is no doubt that there is abuse/fraud happening, but it is practically impossible for the local election official to stop it. They are not equipped to make mental evaluations on the spot in a busy polling station, and they never deny anyone to vote on that basis. If the helper presents a valid ID for the voter, and the voter doesn’t object, they are both going into the booth to cast a vote.
So in one sense you are right…. nobody can prove anything. But if you ever worked the polls, you know damn well what is happening, and it is shameful exploitation of the elderly for crass political advantage.
WHAT a hideous suggestion by the writer: to create barriers to old and sick people from voting! WHAT’s next Republicans: DEATH PANELS?! Oh, yeah, you already voted to HASTEN THE DEATH OF OLD PEOPLE in the House-passed Trumpcare. Now we know: Republicans like DEATH PANELS when it suits their wicked purposes.
LOL You forgot the /sarc tag on your post.
The writer of this article is AGAINST the Democrats’ exploitation of the sick and elderly.
No, it seems that Trumpcare – as passed by the House – will give away billions to the wealthy while charge the sick and elderly higher premiums and co-pays. That is Trump-Death Panels.
Just remeber that the only barrier created in this instance was by the nursing home administrator and staff with no regard for their patient’s voting priviledges. When they knew that their voting fraud scheme was found out they did not hesitate to ditch each of their patient’s ballot. Sunlight is an effective disinfectant.
Its all mumbo jumbo hocus locus tweets twattsie … unless you take you concerns to authorities. Your local electoral board. Your local Commonwealth Attorney. PLEASE DO!
You might want to read the article before commenting. The story was told to me by a Commonwealth Attorney. How much more authorative can it be.
Pardon. We were eager to see what charges were made and didn’t see any. Apparently, none, yet.
You are correct, to my knowledge the investigation is on going. The point is that the Nursing Home did not hesitate to deny their patients their vote that they were so eager to assist them in their voting that even though the ballots were sent to the Nursing Home they were never mailed to the Registrar before the election. So much for vote suppression. Sounds to me that this might be tampering with the US Mail. Maybe the wrong Prosecutor is involved.