This website has compiled a list of favorite Thanksgiving recipes by state:
Who knew people in Virginia and Maryland were crazy for Popeye’s Cajun turkey? More findings from the study:
- Georgia has given up on turkey altogether and is sticking with honey-baked ham.
- The Midwest loves casseroles. Green-bean casserole ranks number one, but it’s no surprise that corn casserole is also popular in the Corn Belt.
- Vermonters searched for “ambrosia salad.” We thought this sounded super fancy, but it turned out to be that nasty whipped-cream mess everyone’s least favorite relative brings to the table. Colored marshmallows? Really, Vermont?
- On the other hand, cornbread dressing from Louisiana looks like the perfect alternative to a dry ol’ stuffing.
- Only North Carolina and South Carolina understand the importance of a fantastic mac and cheese with your Thanksgiving dinner.
- To the New England states looking for Thanksgiving dessert ideas, these states have you covered:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? I’m rather partial to cornbread dressing and pies, cherry, pumpkin, and pecan.