By now, most of us know that the FBI raided the Trump Mar-a-Logo estate. They seized a number of boxes. Some of the boxes may have had items with “classified” designations. President Trump, in accordance with his executive power while President, has said that he declassified all the boxed materials prior to his departure from the White House.
I think a few questions about the claims of misuse of the President’s executive authority are relevant.
- Who packed the boxes initially and how were they addressed if at all? The only written info I have seen was not on the boxes but on the FBI summary sheets.
- When were the boxes packed? Where were the boxes stored prior to shipment?
- How were they shipped? Was it by using a normal moving company or a special security truck similar to what Brinks uses?
- Did all the movers have security clearances? Were the moved items specifically guarded at night and if so by whom?
- When the moving vans were unloaded, where were the boxes placed and by whom?
- Were the boxes moved once inside Mar-a-logo and by whom? It appears that all the boxes eventually made it to a basement-locked storage area.
- Why did the FBI back in June find it necessary to double lock the basement storage area?
- How were the FBI agents selected to conduct the raid and why were local agents not included?
- Where did the FBI transport and store the boxes after the raid? Was this in a secured area?
- How did the FBI know what was in the boxes.? Did they open the boxes and search? Were lawyers representing President Trump on-site at the FBI storage facility to witness the opening of the boxes?
- Why was a raid necessary at all if President Trump was cooperating?
Answers to these situational timeline questions are needed. The actions by the FBI are suspect. Further, as each of the above questions is addressed, it is likely that more questions will arise regarding the sponsoring and conduct of the FBI raid.
The most troubling aspect of this raid is that it represents a pattern of continued FBI threats, as well as physical intimidation, against Trump officials and supporters. The tactics are indicative of a political attack on administration opponents by weaponized federal organizations and agencies.
The FBI and the Biden Administration have much to answer for here.