In the latest polling by IPSOS and University of Virginia Center for politics, Virginians are divided on the Governor and Lt. Governor, high negative numbers for Trump and the Democrats have a clear lead going into November.
Some highlights from the poll
- Trump’s disapproval rating among both Democrats and Republicans stands at 56% with 25% approving of the job he is doing.
- Governor Ralph Northam has only 17% of Virginians’ approval, with 31% thinking he should resign and 43% saying he should not.
- Senator Mark Warner’s approval stands at 39% with 19% disapproval.
- Going into November’s election 34% say they would only vote for Democratic candidates with 21% saying the same for Republican candidates.
- In the 2020 election 43% will support the Democrat candidate and 25% will support the Republican candidate.
- On Lieutenant Governor Fairfax, 35% think he should resign and 25% think he should not. Only 12% of voters believe Fairfax’s denials of assaults with 37% believing the accusers.
- Only 19% think AG Mark Herring should resign and 56% say he should not.
Overall, Republicans are in trouble this year and next, but a lot can change before the elections. Things change frequently in politics at both local and national levels.
See all poll results here.