It’s Mass Meeting time in Virginia, where each Unit and District GOP Unit Chair is up for election or re-election. And one of my favorite persons is running for re-election in Waynesboro, and here is why you should support my good friend Ken Adams for Waynesboro GOP Committee Chairman
- Ken has been a leader on the issues which matter most to GOP voters. Ken has been an outspoken supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, and personally led a large delegation to the Waynesboro City Council meeting earlier this month to fight for our rights to bear arms. And as the President of Day of Tears, a pro life group very active in Virginia, Ken has been a long time fighter for the sanctity of life.
- Ken has greatly expanded the size of the Waynesboro Unit during his time as Chair. When Ken took over as the Waynesboro Chair, the Committee was nearly defunct. Ken has turned the Unit into a powerhouse in which the majority of the members of the Unit do actual work.
- Ken was one of the major proponents of the overturn of the Incumbent Protection Act. Ken and his son Jeff, were the major protagonists who did away with the IPA, which was one of the last vestiges of the old Harry Byrd Machine in Virginia. The end of the IPA was something that many movement conservatives had wanted for years, and under Ken’s leadership, the grassroots of the GOP won a major victory.
- Has created important events such as the Washington Day Breakfast, an amazing event that teaches history to the youth of Waynesboro. 1/3 of the attendees are of school age. Kids don’t learn history in schools, so Ken’s Unit helps teach history that is so necessary to our youth.
- The Unit has both a good Facebook page and an award winning webpage. Has been a prolific fundraiser for the 6th Congressional District Committee
- Last but not least – Ken knows how to run a meeting. Having been to pretty much every Unit in the 6th Congressional District, Ken is an expert in how to run a meeting – where things get done in an orderly fashion, and everyone’s voice is heard and all the Members of the Waynesboro Unit feel valued and appreciated.
We know next to nothing about Ken’s opponent. He has never been active in Republican politics in Waynesboro or anywhere in the Waynesboro area. There is a credible chance that Ken’s opponent is a plant from the same persons who have been so very disruptive in other GOP Units. If that is the case, then it is the plan of the GOP Establishment to take down an effective Unit Chair and replace him with a puppet of the monied interests of the GOP.
For the 6th Congressional District Republican Party to thrive, we need grassroots conservatives in charge of the local Units. There is no better person in this respect than my good friend Ken Adams.