Now comes the task of holding President Trump to his promises, namely:
1) Fully repeal Obamacare and replace it with a free market alternative that includes private health savings accounts,
2) Restore equality of everyone before the law – Democrats are going to especially hate this one – and apply laws (in particular, immigration laws) as written,
3) Support school choice so that all Americans, but particularly those of lower income who live in bad school districts (Democrats will hate this one too) will have an opportunity for a better education and a better future,
4) Stop the flow of taxpayer dollars to the grotesque, racist, evil abortion and baby-parts-selling organization called Planned Parenthood,
5) Reverse every one of Obama’s unconstitutional executive orders immediately upon taking office,
6) Stop the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), which is among other things designed to subvert American sovereignty to the will of other nations, some of whom are not yet party to the treaty,
7) Void the Iran deal (this is a treaty that Obama did not care to present to Congress as the Constitution requires, so this will be as easy for Trump to reverse as it was for Obama to ramrod through),
8) De-regulate all over the place,
9) Appoint only from the list of Supreme Court nominees to which he committed,
10) appoint a special prosecutor to properly address investigate Hillary Clinton regarding exposure of sensitive material under the Espionage Act and also influence peddling via the Clinton Foundation.
Do I trust President Trump to do all these things? No. But we have him on record committed to them, so the job of holding his feet to the fire will be easier, Particularly with a Republican House and Republican Senate. So, there is now at least a possibility that we can reverse the course to totalitarian/Marxist statism that Obama and the Democrats have taken us on over the past eight years.
The Obama reign of terror is thankfully coming to an end. Trump was not my choice (let it be clear), but some very good things can come from his presidency if he can be held to the above commitments.