Our new Governor went right to work, ending mask mandates, ridding Virginia schools of Critical Race Theory and ordering an investigation into Loudoun County Schools sexual assault cases that happened in two high schools.
Youngkin’s team summarized the executive orders:
- Executive Order Number One: “Delivers on his Day One promise to restore excellence in education by ending the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education,” the Youngkin team said.
- Executive Order Number Two: Ends the statewide school mask mandate.
- Executive Order Number Three: Aims to “restore integrity and confidence in the Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia,” the Youngkin team said.
- Executive Order Number Four: Sparks an investigation into “wrongdoing” in Loudoun County. Youngkin has called for an investigation into the Loudoun County School Board over their handling of a sexual assault case that impacted two schools.
- Executive Order Number Five: Creates a Commonwealth Chief Transformation Officer, aimed at government reform.
- Executive Order Number Six: Declares Virginia open for business, the Youngkin team said.
- Executive Order Number Seven: Aims to combat and prevent human trafficking and support survivors, the Youngkin team said.
- Executive Order Number Eight: Establishes an anti-Semitism commission.
- Executive Order Number Nine: Removes Virginia from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative. RGGI says it is a market-based effort to cap and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.