Post Updated after Rubio left the race. See below.
Seven people are running in the 11th district to be a delegate to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer. Another 4 are running to be an alternate delegate. Delegates to the 11th district convention will be able to vote for 3 delegates and 3 alternates to represent them at the national convention.
On the first ballot at the convention our delegates will be bound to vote as Virginia voted in the primary. BUT, if no Presidential candidate gets the necessary 1,237 votes to win the nomination for President, a second vote will take place. Since our candidates will be unbound on the second and subsequent ballots, who will they each choose to support on these ballots? I have heard from most of our national delegates on their choice for a Presidential candidate on the second ballot:
RNC Delegates from the 11th district to the national convention
- Geraldine Davie will support Donald Trump.
2. Bill Petrak will support Ted Cruz. “If elected as delegate, and there is a contested convention, it is my intention to vote for Ted Cruz on a second vote after the delegates are released from their obligations.
3. Anne Gentry will support Marco Rubio. “I voted for Marco Rubio in the primary and if there is a second ballot and he’s still a candidate I intend to vote for him. If he’s not still a candidate, I will vote for Ted Cruz.”Anne is now supporting Ted Cruz on a ticket with Juanita Balenger and Ryan Thomas.
4. Juanita Balenger will support Marco Rubio. Since Rubio is no longer running, Juanita is supporting Ted Cruz on a ticket with Anne Gentry and Ryan Thomas.
5. Alice Butler-Short will support Donald Trump.
6. Pasha Majdi will support John Kasich.
7. Ryan Thomas will support Marco Rubio. “I am currently supporting Marco Rubio and would support him on a second ballot if he is still a candidate seeking the nomination.” Since Rubio is no longer in the race, Ryan is now supporting Ted Cruz on a ticket with Juanita Balenger and Anne Gentry.
RNC Alternate Delegates from the 11th district to the national convention:
1.Mary Pauline Jones will support John Kasich.
2. Jim Hyland will support Ted Cruz.
3. Victoria (Vickie) Hull will support Marco Rubio.
4. John Martin will support Donald Trump.