From our friends at VPAP.org:
Results from congressional midterm elections last week in Virginia show Democrats fared better in newly drawn state legislative districts compared to estimates from last year’s gubernatorial election. The new districts, drawn in December 2021, will get their first real test a year from now when all 140 General Assembly seats will be on the ballot.
House of Delegates
- Strong D: Vote margin greater than or equal to +20D
- Lean D: Vote margin between +5D and +20D
- Competitive: Vote margin between +5D and +5R
- Lean R: Vote margin between +5R and +20R
- Strong R: Vote margin greater than or equal to +20R